19.7.12

Band: Delta Spirit

Maybe I've been obsessed with the awesome-ness that is California. Or maybe it's just a coincidence that another great song is titled California.

The title is the same but the song is completely different performed by Delta Spirit in their 2012 album "Delta Spirit."


"California," "Idaho," "Otherside," "Tellin' the Mind," and "Money Saves" are 5 of my favorite songs on this album. 

Kinda funny that two of their songs are states. hahaha

"Tellin' The Mind" feels out of place, possibly because of the trilling - IDK. (sarcasm) But it does appeal to my fast-and-loud taste. I definitely love the energy coming from it.



"Money Saves" welcomes a brave mood. If you're feeling down, listen and shout along to this melody.



Their 2008 album, "Ode to Sunshine," focuses more on acoustic flavor, but that doesn't mean that their newer sound lies far away.

Their first song, "Tomorrow Goes Away," probably isn't a good first impression. Not to say that the song itself is bad! It's actually my favorite song from this album.



Another favorite from "Ode to Sunshine" is the song "People C'mon." It just has that swaying rhythm that I love so much. Almost jazzy if it weren't for the instrumentation.



And their 2010 album "History from Below" sounds a lot more folky and "delta-ish." So naturally, I didn't really like most of their songs. But! I did enjoy listening to this more mellow album. So if you're into a mellow feel, this album definitely resonates it. 

"Bushwick Blues" is probably the most uppity. Has a more recent flavor.


"St. Francis" tells a story and still kinda folky. I found it pleasant to listen to, though. :)


See you next week!